Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today's show is brought to you by the letter "D"...

Dermatone.


Dumb, Dumb.

Finally got my sorry butt outside for only the second time this year. Way to much trainer time for me already. With the windchill in the single digits it meant breaking out the Dermatone. A hold over from my Mountain Man days this stuff rocks for keeping your face comfy. It acts as a wind barrier when applied to your exposed skin and lips. Its from Sweden so it has to be good right. Anyway it's the real deal, you should pick some up, your LBS can order it from QBP so no excuses!

So I thought I would come home via part of the Oak Leaf trail and avoid some potholes, Dumb idea. The winter walkers hadn't packed it down quite enough yet to make it "easy" going, really they have just chewed it up so that it is unrideable. So I forged fresh tracks, which was a blast until you hit a buried hole, log or frozen squirrel and came to an immediate stop every 50 feet or so. Luckily I wasn't on it too long. It was really nice to be outside, off the trainer enjoying the crisp winter air.
Now if the snow will jsut stay away so the streets stay clear maybe I can make it out for #3 this year.

Enjoy it when you can get it...

No comments: