Friday, January 30, 2009

Required reading...

For all you group riding and racing roadies - Here.

Food for thought going into Spring. My favorite one is this:

'When you see a hole in the road, it is absolutely NOT acceptable to yell “HOLE” at the top of your voice, then weave around it at the last minute. It is also unacceptable to yell “SLOWING” when you slow down. If you can’t see the riders in front of you are slowing down, then maybe you should stick to monopoly on a Sunday afternoon."

I have noticed in every Crit that I have done here in Wisconsin some bonehead is constantly yelling about slowing down! It drives me crazy. I learned the fine art of subtle hand signals from the King himself Crusty. No words just a quick wave of the hand, perfect. I am sure he will have a post of his own on the subject, here.

Maybe that's why I haven't done much group riding since moving up here - it's all the noise. Even the first Cross Country MTB race I did there were guys yelling "Slowing" going into every swithcback - Holy Crap! Really do you need to announce that!

I'll jsut keep riding solo, until I find somone with a scooter...


1 comment:

crusty said...

Can anyone say 'Uncle' Larry?