Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Favorite Bike of 2008...

This was one of my favorite bikes this year. Lisa Strong's custom Titanium Black Sheep. Lisa races for Tough Girl Cycling and is a friend of mine. I snapped these pic at Jingle Cross this year and was hoping to get some better shots at Nationals, but after Lisa's stellar performance in the Masters race she got a little stomach bug and was out of commission the rest of the weekend and I missed my chance. Lisa had James do a titanium fork, which to some may seem odd because of the added weight. Lisa mostly races on super bumpy courses in Colorado and the added comfort from the Ti fork is worth any added weight. The coolest part about having a Ti fork is that you can persuade the builder into welding on an integrated cable hanger for your canti-brakes. How RAD is that!? I often get the question in the shop as to why someone would buy a custom frame if they don't have specific geometry needs - well this is the answer, to get Trick details made for your riding location and style. Lots of people spend time every year trying to build a better mouse trap when it comes to solving front brake cable routing/chatter/shudder issues and this is the best solution I have seen yet!
Super Rad detail!

Custom all the way.


1 comment:

crusty said...

I'm glad you got those shot's!

I want one of those!! That is a really trick bike. I was really impressed with the set up of the seat mast to. Straight up outta Black Sheep R&D!