Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Miss and Out...

This is what happens when some track racers organize a training race. You get a miss and out at Estabrook Park. The first week showing was a little light, but some good racers from Pegasus were in the mix. It was decided that we would go with a double elimination format to keep the race a little bit longer. After a parade lap to let everyone dial in the course it was game on. Cale led the first lap, I came around for the second lap hoping to make a split in the group and mix it up. Well it split into two guys from Pegasus and myself. Outnumbered I stayed on the front keeping the tempo up to force them to want it if they were going to attack. After a lap or so of this Jason went for it, but Cale jumped on his wheel then I closed the gap to Cale and recovered for a half lap. I went back to the front coming through the finish notching up the tempo again. Kept it up and could hear the hard breathing behind me - just what I wanted. Then Jason dropped a chain in the barriers so I ramped it up a notch to make him suffer getting back on when he finally made it back I was poised for an attack but it never came. I stayed on the front riding tempo until it was just the three of us left. I continued to ramp up the pace dropping Jason and it was down to Cale and myself. Cale and I agreed on one to go for the win. When we came back around to the pavement section I put the power to the pedals gaped Cale then held it all the way to the line. Good times.

What a difference a week can make! I felt like crap last week and this week I was on tempo cruise control. The build up to the KTR Michigan races and JP Cross is looking good.

...enjoy the small victories.


No comments: