Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crusty v. Me...

Well Crusty made the trip up from KC with quite a bit of drama, but that is his tale to tell. Bike building ensued Friday (the Edge CX Fork is AMAZING), so it was game on for Saturday - there has been much trash talking on both ends for the first meet up of the year. We made the trip to Madison Saturday morning, unloaded and got our game faces on. I wasted my front row call up with another poor start and had to fight some traffic to catch up to Crusty. After a couple of laps I had reeled him in and gave him some words, but he wasn't having it so I pushed on. A few more laps rolled by, 5 to go I couldn't believe it. It was hot and mentally I fell apart - AGAIN! MWI teammate Dr. Gigglie caught on after a trip to the pit and I tried to stay on his wheel and failed as another friend was closing in on us. Rolled in for 14th, fairly disappointing, but at least it's 1-0 in my favor over Crusty. I am not clear on the sequence of events but he slid out on an off camber and changed bikes, but that's racing - maybe he needs to brush up on his handling skills before the rematch in 3 weeks down in KC :)

Sunday brought another day with a similar outcome - Crusty raced 3's started fast. lost his fancy saddle and had to switch bikes again. The good Dr. handed ti to me again as mental problems continue to plauge me this season!

It was awesome to see pros from far and wide at a local race. Once again Michael Mueller
amazed me with his Euro smoothness! So quite and perfect. The brothers LaLonde were out there killing it for the local sponsor. My wife was called to action to assist with Jonathan Baker's ankle meets chain ring incident. Todd Wells and Jonathan Page and an epic battle on Sunday - Todd almost had him, I always like watching Todd race! Best of all was a weekend at the races chillin' with the homies.

No comments: