Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ouch...

It certainly wasn't the 45 minute noodle ride, nor the 15 degree drop in temperature or 20+ mph increase in the wind during that ride that had me moaning - Functional strength training started yesterday. Ugh, this would fall into reason numero uno why I have a coach. I have fairly good idea of what I should do, but have someone else tell me what I must do makes all the difference in the world. I am how should I put this lazy, that is I tend to do the types of rides and workouts that I like and not necessarily the stuff I need to do to become fitter and faster, I think a lot of folks fall into this category. I really don't like functional core workouts, that is also why I have a very good friend for a coach - I know that if don't do what is expected I will get never ending shit, and he knows what is best for me. We have spent a lot of time on the bike together, he knows my strengths and weakness, especially my weaknesses.

Anyway lots of swiss ball based stuff and some bridges it was hard to make it through the entire workout, but I know it will pay off. So bring on the Functional Training I am ready to kick its ass.

enjoy the benefits of the "hard stuff"

No comments: