Friday, April 25, 2008

Slowly...

Finally coming around. I thought the funk was gone, but it had just morphed into a really bad hacking cough and congestion - crap I tell you. But today I rode the fixed gear into work and felt okay then felt even better coming home. It feels like the energy is coming back, even if the legs have checked out and left the state. I am sure they will miss me and come home soon. I upside of the eternal funk is I have succeeded in my monthly goal of losing 5 lbs. and there is still a week left, say goodbye to the "winter" weight and then some. I am confident that starting May 1 I can keep a healthy balance and come into the cross season at fit and leaner this year, I am already a tad lighter than I was at Nationals last year.

I was hoping for some epic singletrack tomorrow, but a day and half of rain has closed all the trails. Oh well a few hours on the Oak Leaf Trail rocking the new kit will keep me smilin'.

Don't forget to thank your loved ones for being able to enjoy the ride.

No comments: