Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Ready...

The 2009 My Wife Inc kit is finished. We got a ton of looks, comments, thumbs ups, and questions about our kit and high vis jumpsuits this weekend at Cross Nationals. Thanks to everyone who asked and got it. So here it is the 2009 kit...
We had to trade off answering "What's My Wife Inc?" questions this weekend - it was fun.

So what is My Wife Inc - A group of guys, some are married, some are not, who love riding bikes and racing cyclocross. We don't have any "sponsors" in the usual club sense - No bike shop, doctor's office, coffee shop, etc. Just our Family and Friends, way better sponsors in my opinion!! These are the people who let us spend endless hours riding our bikes, weekends away getting dirty, sometimes getting injured racing our bikes in remote locations, pin on our numbers, take our clothes at the start line and bring them to us after the race, cheer their hearts our for us while we are sucking ass in the middle of the pack, in short our personal super fans. They get it and they get us. There aren't many team "sponsors" out there that give you all of that. We are very lucky to have loved ones that support us in so many ways. My Wife Inc is our way of saying thanks to them while we are out riding/racing our bikes. It's also our own little community of connections across the country. So you will never see a bunch of logos all over our jerseys, what you will get is a place in the MWI family and a chance to answer the question for yourself "What is My Wife Inc?" Really it could be My _____ Inc ,friends, family, co-workers, boss, whatever you want to fill the blank in with, we just thought My Wife Inc was funny and you get it or you don't.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy when I hear someone screaming "Go My Wife!" when I am racing and someone asks about the kit after the race.
Thanks to everyone this year who got it!

Looking forward to next year, MWI will continue to ride our bikes and come late September start another onslaught on Cross Season! In our ongoing pursuit to be the most PRO un-PRO team we are trying to organize a group buy on some custom painted cross frames for next year. You too could have the bike of cross superstar Jonathan Page painted in My Wife Inc green.

Want to rock the MWI Jackalope next year? All you have to do is ask, start a conversation, say hi?

4 comments:

karl's jr. said...

Mike,

You should put the blog address somewhere on the kit.
Karl

Unknown said...

seriously (i'm biased) but i think the MWI kit is the best out there besides our pegasus stuff.

eforendo said...

Thanks Cale!

You'll never guess who I saw racing the Elites from Wisco - everyone's favorite CAT 3.

JB said...

Those KILL