Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cracked...

Another one bites the dust. I finally got around to cleaning my helmet from Sunday's mudfest. I knew I had hit hard when I went over the bars, but it was a mud landing - mud is soft right. Yeah sure it hurt when I went over and I was stunned a little, but I got right back up, ran down the hill, remounted, and kept racing. I was a little stiff after the race, but didn't think too much about it. Well I have been feeling a little "foggy" this week - I guess I hit quite a bit harder than I thought judging by the cracked helmet! It is however cracked in probably the weakest part - right across the front - but it's the worst cracked helmet I have ever been responsible for.
Time to get back on the bike and finish out the season strong. Only 2 more races left to go at Nationals.

No comments: