Sunday, December 14, 2008

CX Nationals Day 3...

Roscoe P Fast Train's Day didn't start so well in the Master 30-34 race yesterday. After watching the start I started running to the pit as the announcers are yelling for medical to go to turn one. I couldn't see the turn and the field had was already strung out as I waited for Ross to come by the pit. Instead I see him walking up towards the pit with his bike in hand. A few guys fell into him before the first turn and he was on the bottom of a big pile up. No one is really sure just what happened, if you saw it let me know. Well a cracked helmet, destroyed helmet, black spots, and bruises ended his season. Luckily his body and bike are mostly okay - I think he is downstairs riding the trainer right now.

Getting passed by Greg of Mud and Cowbells fame. I am pretty sure he was a few rows back, I would have yelled Hi if we weren't going so freaking fast. I had a third row start position, not that it mattered one bit, the start was CRAZY fast and I was a little nervous after Roscoe's start crash. The course was like velcro yesterday, you could just rail the corners, but the spots that were just a bit soft sucked the life right out of your legs.

The corners were much faster than Thursday.

This was one of the soft corners, you can see the mud getting pushed to the outside. A lot of the corners were getting these soft mud berms. If you hit them just right they were fun but if you missed the line they bucked you off pretty good.


Well that's it for the racing season! I gave it what I could yesterday, but I never really recovered from the pile driver I took at Jingle Cross. So it wasn't much. I got pulled with two to go, I guess the freight train was coming right behind me - I am pretty sure I could have gotten another lap, but I hear the lap traffic was already causing problems.

I am going to pit for the Velo Bella ladies as they try to rip it up in the Pro Womens race and then the cross season is officially over. Oh and for the record Crusty forgot his shoes yesterday and didn't race bringing the season tally Me 6 - Crusty 0.

now what?....

1 comment:

Greg said...

YO! That picture is priceless. I started the day with my strained poop face and carried that expression through to the very end. Joy! Let's try and say hi if you are still here at Nats! Love to catch up!