Sunday, November 16, 2008

Relentless...

Coach must have been psychic! Yesterday's race at a new venue was 90% uphill. Uphill start/finish, always climbing, or turning off camber downhill to climb back up again, or the 50 M beach ride, or the steep run-up - always ON no rest with super short laps. How short you ask - after the first 3 we saw 15 to go! Yep! Luckily this guy showed up for a little fun and cut one off my total (he looks to be healing well). After the 1/2's started lapping everyone the officials got a little confused and went form 8 to 5 to go in one lap then from 2 to 0 to go- I don't think anyone was complaining! I'll have to dig for some pictures as the super fans were elsewhere this weekend. Cold weather end of season excuses kept the field small but cut throat. I raced harder and wasn't content with sitting on wheels this time and rolled in for fourth - nice result on a hard climbing course makes me feel like I am on the right track for climb heavy Jingle Cross Rock and Nationals. I do wish the Masters field was larger here in Wisconsin so the races wouldn't get sooo strung out and there were more guys to hunt down and chase.

...enjoy it while you can.

No comments: