Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wildlife...

On Tuesday I ran over a squirrel. It ran in front of the guy riding next to me then right under my bike, I hit it with my rear wheel then it was flung up and the squirrel hit me in the ass. I was so freaked out I kept asking the other guy to check by butt for squirrel guts! Well ever since then it has been an all out onslaught of suburban wildlife - squirrels, bees, big ol' flies, deer, everything except the bunnies. The bunnies and I have an understanding they run the other way when I yell "bunny, bunny". But the squirrels are pissed about the "Incident" and the word is out. They want revenge and they have enlisted all the other critters. That or these guys got together with the squirrels for some heavy work prior to cross season (just kidding guys). It is getting dangerous - deer in the middle of the trail, kamikaze insects, I need to find a way to make it right with the squirrels before they take me out.

...any one have a bunch of grade A acorns?

2 comments:

karl's jr. said...

Squirrels are bad mojo, Mike. I ran one over with my truck on the way to a cross race in KCK a couple years ago. Then I crashed on the ice three times, and had a headache for two days.

I'll chalk it up to my poor skills, but just in case, I'll check with a gypsy and see if she can take any curses off of you.

Karl

crusty said...

I will chalk that up to NO SKILLZ!!!