Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Building..

So it seems I have become the go to guy for some cross builds this year. I currently have two home builds lined up and have just completed one. It's nice because I like building race bikes, prepping the frames, hanging the parts, dialing everything in, it's all in the details. Maybe that's why I have a small but loyal following of customers who allow me the privilege of working on their wonderful racing machines. Well here is my friend Ross and fellow My Wife Inc'ers race rig for this year. A sweet looking 2008/9 Blue CX6.5. His first ride was tonight at Wednesday Cross Practice and he was all smiles.Notice the "team issue" green bar tape and pedals
This is what happens when doctors work the night shift - they end up with green skewers that match the springs in their green pedals!

Ross is stoked on his new bike. I had one for my "b" bike last year and they are very nice. If you are looking for and affordable race ready cross bike, put the CX6.5 on your short list. Top tube cable routing, full carbon fork, nice geometry, and a cool paint job this year. This bike as pictured is just a hair over 18lbs with out any silly parts or going too crazy on the wallet.

Oh, I forgot my socks tonight and did the cross ride w/o it was a pretty funny sight, seeing as I usually roll the tall boy socks.

..can you feel it.

No comments: