Saturday, August 16, 2008

What you want...

So this is the first of things you don't NEED, but want for cross season. The Karcher power sprayer. The sponsor, aka my wife, got this for me for father's day after I put it on my wish list for cross season. What is it you ask - it's an electric power washer, yeah I know no power washing bikes, but come on you've never taken your bike to a coin operated spray car wash on your way home from a muddy race. Well this thing rocks, plug it into a power outlet hook up a hose and instant controllable power. It features a nice long sprayer hose with either a rotating spray head or and adjustable power head, it's small lightweight and easy to hook up . It made short work of the Wednesday night cross practice leftovers and was much faster than the tried and true bucket, brush, and rinse method (I am sure you can use for lots of non bike related stuff as well). They are available at Target, Lowe's and I am sure a ton of other places for around $100. If you don't like spending all afternoon cleaning your bike before the next day's race then go all euro and get your self an electric sprayer you will be glad you did!

...remember a clean bike is a fast bike!

No comments: