Monday, July 21, 2008

But this one goes to 11...

So I am lucky enough to be at Copper Mountain for the 2009 Specialized Dealer Product launch. Today was my lucky day - SUPER RECORD ROUBAIX SL2. Yep I rode it, rode it good. You will have to wait until I get back for all the juicy details, but lets just say you should start saving your pennies now. If it is possible to retrofit 10 speed internals into the levers - Oh Man I will be in heaven. I also rode a Tarmac SL2 with new Dura Ace 7900 - underwhelmed by the group and wowed by the frame. Pics and such when I get home.

The 2009 Specialized line looks good so far, lots of carbon and trickle down technology, but still not a "race platform" cross bike. No new 29"er platform, I was really hoping they would pull out an Epic 29"er. If all goes well tomorrow I will score a ride on a 2009 Epic even if it is a baby wheel bike it still looks sweet.

mmmm super record.

No comments: