Monday, March 17, 2008

It begins...

So this guy made me do it. Okay not really (I don't even know him), but he did in a round about way inspire the idea and then he posts this new rad kit, so I felt obligated. When I read his posts I am inspired by his passion not only for cycling, but his family as well, and that is the idea behind My Wife Inc.

What started as a joke has morphed into something more. It goes a little something like this...

Customer: Oh you race cyclocross?

Me: Yep, it is a lot of fun you should give it a try!

Customer: Well are you sponsored?

Me: Yeah, I am.

Customer: Wow! Really be who?

Me: My wife.

Customer: Huh?

Me: Well as you can see I work in a bike shop.

Customer: And...

Me: Obviously you haven't worked in the cycling industry.

So I decided that I wanted to somehow give back to my wife for everything she gives to me, and since she always joked that she was my sponsor. I thought she should get the credit when I was riding/racing. After all every minute we spend away from our families is time that has been donated to us by them, so why not show some love out on the course! So as the joke evolved my friend Paul came up with My Wife Inc as the fictitious company , run by our wives, that would be our sponsor. Well enough of my cohorts thought is was a good idea that now we are all legit with a kit design and everything.


So next time you get the okay to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon riding, make sure you remember how lucky you are to have her!

No comments: