Monday, March 31, 2008

Gore Rides On again...

So I am usually a Nokon guy, have been for a few years now. Nokons have worked well for me, I have had no complaints, and I have sold them to quite a number of customers over the last couple of years. A few weeks ago the Gore rep came by the shop, and left these for me to try, the fully lined frictionless Gore Ride On shift cable system. Much like the cables/housing that are coming on SRAM Red, but fully sealed from the shifter to derailleur. Having built up a few Red bikes I have noticed how smooth the new Gore cables are, and I have been assured that the reincarnated Gore cables are reformulated and there will be no flaking, rubbing, or wearing off of the coating. So I am going to try something new this year. The new mountain bike will be getting the Gore Ride On. Look for detailed installation info coming soon and short and long term reports as I soon as I can actually ride outside.

enjoy the ride.

No comments: