Monday, October 27, 2008

Missing...

I want them back - no questions asked! Perhaps I foolishly left them in KC, or they may have been taken, or maybe just maybe it is an elaborate plot by Crusty to exact his revenge for the flogging he received. No matter the reason they are gone and I need them back. The season is approaching its apex and now is not the time to be without that fleeting feeling, the whisper in your ear, the spark just when you are in need - I have lost my legs and need to find them again soon!

I went from one of my best races of the year a week ago, mentally at least, to an almost complete implosion! I didn't quit yesterday but I sure wanted to - in fact I was so far
off the back that I took my first beer hand up ever. I heard something to the effect of "When you are sucking this bad you don't have a choice you must take the hand up!" I don't think those were his exact words, but that is what I heard. Yep total suckage! I was never in it mentally or physically. I never got in the right mind set from the start, last week after a forced bike change I stayed motivated and found a rhythm. This week I went for another bike change but was just deflated - and couldn't chase. I was clumsy yesterday - riding off the course, running into the tape, bouncing all over, sloppy remounts. It felt like I had inherited Crusty's anchor from last week - no snap in the legs and they were just worked by the third lap.

Sucking off the back...




Next weekend is a double header and a chance for redemption.

And if you see my legs out there on the side of the road tell them come home I miss them and want them back, I've got some nice Qoleum waiting for them!

No comments: